The purpose of this position is to perform general accounting functions and assist in the statutory process within a fast-growing international company. In this capacity your role is a link between activities in the United States and the EMEA Region (Europe, Middle East and Africa). Tasks include month-end and statutory reporting for one or more legal entities and involvement in financial projects. The successful applicant will work closely together with other finance departments (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Payroll) to ensure control and compliance.
The successful candidate will be involved with the functions listed below:
- Assist with preparation of Audits (Group, Statutory, Internal, SOX and Tax) and liaise with the JLG audit team
- Perform and manage month end close activities.
- Perform and propose improvements for Account Reconciliations and Analysis as assigned. Own the monthly, quarterly and annual closing of one or more EMEA legal entities.
- Assist to control corporate income tax and value added tax (document, monitor and improve).
- Propose and drive changes and improvements in the accounting process.
- Prepare, validate and make journal entries for designated companies.
- Create and maintain a strong environment to enable information gathering for fiscal, legal and accounting purposes.
- Support process improvements and system implementations to ensure enhancements of reporting processes across the EAME locations.
- Participates in regional balance sheet and cost reviews with decision support teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or a relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in an international environment
- An experienced Auditor without accounting experience can also be considered for this role
- Multiple-country GL Accounting experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of Dutch tax structures is advantageous
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of other European languages is advantageous.
- Knowledge of Financial / Accounting ERP systems
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent analytical skills and an excellent level of accuracy
- “Hands-on” mentality
- Shows initiative and provides good follow-up on areas of responsibility, especially in the area of the accounting process