This role will support all continuous improvement efforts to achieve process excellent within the functions of sales, marketing and finance. She/he will first grow in the organization by leading cross functional projects and gradually increase the support to our growing quality tribe of green belts and continuous improvement facilitators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as a process excellence agent with business segments and functional leaders. Instill and transfer continuous improvement problem-solving tools and skills into the organization through hands-on events, mentoring and trained.
- Train standardized Lean techniques and concepts including: value stream mapping, 5S, Kaizen, Visual Controls, Pull/Kanban systems, standardized work, line balancing, etc.
- Support value stream mapping activities where applicable to identify key improvement opportunities within businesses.
- Enable the Plan, Do, Check, Act culture to create and execute countermeasures to barriers and issues preventing the achievement of business objectives.
- Build capability within site leadership and work teams through training, mentoring and challenging current practices.
- Internal/external benchmarking to support and enable an environment for sharing of best practices.
- Prepare reports and communication updates as required regarding continuous improvement.
- Support Gap Assessments.
- 3+ years of business/operations management and/or process improvement at a Black Belt level. Certification is not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business or engineering related fields
- English is a must, other European languages are appreciated
Coach & Develops Makes their own development a priority; models the way in asking for feedback, reflecting on experiences, and learning everyday
Build collaborative relationships Develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties
Aligns organization Studies and learns about the diverse nature of our markets, customers, and people to better serve the business over time
Drive strategic thinking Seeks clarity on how their work connections to broader team, department, segment, or business to heighten their impact
Inspires & motivates others Displays a genuine and authentic style that engages and connects easily with others through trust, credibility, and collaboration
Encourages innovation & inclusion Thinks, imagines, and generates ideas to change or improve current thinking, processes, and systems
- Results-oriented, strong analytical skills, and demonstrated process improvement success in cross functional teams or projects.
- Proven change agent and ability to lead teams through: Making case for change; stakeholder management; change communications; removing barriers; setting milestones and acknowledging progress; and reinforcing change through organizational systems.
- Willingness to work hands-on at all levels of the organization to lead by example
- Ability to influence decision making with or without authority; facilitate groups with diverse perspectives; and bring teams to agreement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that build productive relationships and influences others, both within the business and across organizations.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to working teams); exceptionally good listening skills; able to present complex or new ideas with clarity and simplicity.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills. Solid business acumen.
- Experience in data analysis from multiple sources. Highly proficient with Excel formulas.
- High ethical standards and the ability to set that tone for the entire organization