The Pricing Analyst is responsible for assisting the team with the analysis, development and maintenance of service parts pricing. The position develops and maintains a database of market competitive pricing and provides timely response to all service and part related inquiries from internal customers. By overseeing the profit margins of service parts, it is an essential link between input from GPSC and output to the Sales Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain tactical aspects of parts pricing (price book management, pricing policy development, segment creation, cost evolutions) and price changes for all areas of responsibility and regions.
- Analyze, respond to and maintain pricing related requests from internal and external customers.
- Review special sales requests for accuracy and route for approval.
- Establish and monitor a system of identifying pricing inconsistencies and opportunities that optimize sales and profit in cooperation with GPSC.
- Perform internal audits of previously submitted pricing proposals to determine the accuracy and efficiency of the estimating system and methodologies.
- Correspond with GPSC, Product Management and Sales regarding market and competitive data, communicate pricing decisions to the Aftermarket Department as necessary.
- Collaborate with other functional areas and new product development (NPD) initiatives to determine impact on pricing strategies and activity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related field
- Three (3) or more years of experience in pricing or related field
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Master’s Degree
- Proficient in MS Office, in particular advanced Excel and Access.
- Pricing software i.e. Servigistics would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with heavy equipment/machinery aftermarket business is a plus.
- Analytical mindset with ability to work with large data sets.
- Hands-on mentality/mind set.
- Detailed and proactive with passion for numbers
- Team player