Are you ready for an internship at Oshkosh / JLG, the global leader of the access industry and leading American company listed at the New York stock exchange? Oshkosh / JLG is recognized by the Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, as one of the 2019 World's Most Ethical Companies.
Your contribution and goal during this internship is for you to develop machine specific marketing material for the Aerial Work Platform (AWP) product line, serving the sales customer and ultimately increase our sales volumes. There are two specific projects outlined to increase accessories and options sales amongst others. In this position you will have frequent contact with (Inside) Sales, Marketing and Engineering departments colleagues locally and globally and report to the Sr. Product Marketing Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops product marketing tools to assist in the sales process.
- Compiles and records competitive information in a manner which can be utilized to develop product strategies to increase market share and contribution margins.
- Maintains product specifications, proposals and other technical data pertaining to product sales.
- Collects competitive information and validates the customer need for product accessories.
- Works closely with the marketing communications team to develop literature, advertisements, promotional materials, web pages and photography to maximize communication effectiveness
- Currently studies related to Marketing / Communication (University or HBO level)
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch or other European languages is advantageous
- Creative, analytical skills, independent, good communicator
- Able and willing to travel and drive a car
- Great power point / excel knowledge
- Independent- pro- active
- Professionalism: thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one’s words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior. Selects the words & actions most likely to have the desired effect on target audience. Understands how one is perceived by others.
- Reliability / commitment: Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job. Shows commitment and dedication and accountability in one’s work, and follows through on all projects, goals, aspects of one’s work. Fulfils commitments.
- Planning & Organizing: Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity. Knows status of one’s own work at all times.
- Initiative: Goes above what is required or expected in the job; performs tasks that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities. Plans ahead for anticipating problems or opportunities & takes appropriate action.
- Collaboration: Develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
What does JLG offer you:
- Build your resume working for a leading American company listed at the New York stock exchange.
- Get exposure to and work with a diverse marketing organization.
- Complete at least one project from start to finish that you can reference in future job applications.