Are you looking a passionate law student? Do you possess a high level of integrity, trustworthiness and independence? Then JLG is looking forward to meeting you! Develop your talent and learn new skills within our legal team located in Hoofddorp. You will get hands-on experience in corporate law, as well as regulatory ethics and compliance.
How will your day look like?
- Provision of support for the International Legal team.
- Support the Legal function with corporate governance across EMEA and at all the levels of the organization.
- Assist with day-to-day matters related to our legal entities in Europe and beyond.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with our company’s code of conduct and other regulatory frameworks.
- Other projects related to corporate governance and compliance as assigned.
- Bachelor or Master’s student in Law or related field
- Experienced user in MS Office (Outlook and Word)
- Fluency in English – other European languages are nice to have
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Demonstrable interest in the international business legal environment through study or work experience
- Familiarity with Corporate law and European law principles
- Understanding of compliance and/or regulatory frameworks such as FCPA, UK Bribery Act, GDPR etc. and how they impact companies.
What can we offer you?
Within JLG we offer you the opportunity to get professional experience in corporate law and compliance, always with a focus on your personal development. You will receive lots of responsibilities and we provide you with active mentorship and a culture of feedback to get the most out of this experience. We believe that the most you enjoy your job, the greater your contribution to JLG. Besides, you also have the possibility to write your thesis here. Regarding to the compensation, you will receive the standard internship salary of 500EUR per month for 32-40 hours/week, plus travel reimbursement.
JLG EMEA is a lifting equipment manufacturing company that covers Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and India, being Hoofddorp the Headquarters, we work close together with different teams and locations. Our work environment is defined by a ‘People First’ culture where every team member is essential. JLG is part of the Oshkosh Corporation, one of the Fortune 500 companies. Besides, Oshkosh has been awarded in 2018 as One of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and received a Sustainability Honors from Barron’s and RobecoSAM.
Start date: October 2019 for a period of 4-6 months