Are you a Business or Industrial Engineering student looking for a hands-on internship to get experience in strategic purchasing? In JLG we are looking forward meeting you! Develop your talent and learn new skills within our international Global Supply Chain Management team located in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands.
YOUR TASKS AND PROJECTS
- Assist in the areas of Strategic Purchasing, Global Sourcing, and Operational duties
- Gather and compile necessary information in order to request quotes from suppliers
- Maintain vendor accounts (work into gaining own personal vendor accounts after becoming comfortable with Mapics systems)
- Provide support to Buyers and Purchasing Agents in the procurement of goods and services from suppliers
- Analysis and draw to sort in sub-commodities
- Support in completion of GMFE (Grow/Maintain/Focus/Exit) work, gathering information from different area's of GPSC.
- Bachelor's or Master's student in Business, Accounting/Finance, Operations Management, Economics, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Computer Literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- Experience in VBA-programming
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while working independently and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize work load to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English - other European languages are nice to have.
WHAT WE OFFER
- At JLG you work in a professional and technical stimulating environment within an international team of colleagues.
- We have an open minded an informal “can do” mentality with short communication lines.
- Our culture is based on team work, continuous improvement, safety and entrepreneurship.
- Standard internship compensation of EUR500 for 32/40 hours per week
JLG EMEA is a lifting equipment manufacturing company that covers Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and India. Being Hooofddorp the Headquarters, we work close together with the global operations team. JLG is part of the Oshkosh Corporation, one of the Fortune 500 companies. Besides, Oshkosh has been awarded in 2018 as One of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and received a Sustainability Honors from Barron’s and RobecoSAM.
Starting date: October 2019