Start date: December 2019 for at least 32 hours per week for 4 - 6 months.
Are you a Business or Industrial Engineering student looking for a hands-on internship to get experience in strategic purchasing? In JLG we are looking forward meeting you! Develop your talent and learn new skills within our international Global Supply Chain Management team located in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands.
JLG EMEA is a lifting equipment manufacturing company that covers Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and India. Being Hoofddorp the Headquarters, we work close together with the global operations team. Our work environment is defined by a 'People First' culture where every team member is essential. JLG is part of the Oshkosh Corporation, one of the Fortune 500 companies. Besides, Oshkosh / JLG is recognized by the Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, as one of the 2019 World's Most Ethical Companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the areas of Strategic Purchasing, Global Sourcing, and Operational duties
- Gather and compile necessary information in order to request quotes from suppliers
- Maintain vendor accounts (work into gaining own personal vendor accounts after becoming comfortable with Mapics systems)
- Provide support to Buyers and Purchasing Agents in the procurement of goods and services from suppliers
- Analysis and draw to sort in sub-commodities
- Support in completion of GMFE (Grow/Maintain/Focus/Exit) work, gathering information from different area's of GPSC.
What can we offer you?
- Bachelor's or Master's student in Business, Accounting/Finance, Operations Management, Economics, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Computer Literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while working independently and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize work load to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English - other European languages are nice to have.
Within JLG, we offer you the opportunity to get professional and technical experience in strategic purchasing and compliance, always with a focus on your personal development. You will receive lots of responsibilities and we provide you with active mentorship and a culture of feedback to get the most out of this experience. We believe that the more you enjoy your job, the greater your contribution to JLG. Besides, you will also have the possibility to write your thesis here. In regard to the compensation, you will receive the standard internship salary of 500EUR per month for 40 hours/week, plus travel reimbursement.